Getting hitched ? Congratulations After putting in tons of effort into planning the perfect wedding and choosing the ultimate dress , don’t forget to hire your favourite professional videographer to capture your special day . It’s always cool to see yourself on screen in your happiest moments like a movie star . As an experienced videographer and editor from Octopus Wedding, i have seen many faces and edited lots of videos. No matter how good my skill is, there are some stuff that cannot be edited. Let me share with you some tips that others may find it too offensive or frank to tell you.
1. Smile !! Keep smiling. It’s normal that some people are camera shy , laughing out loud when they are having fun but zombified when camera is spotted . Let your emotions go , don’t be shy . Tell yourself that your videographers are there to document your most natural self on the possibly biggest event of your life. Sometimes, we have to remind grooms and brides to relax , we are but humans . Trust us , it’s ok to show your real emotions . We won’t edit in your unglam looks into your express highlights , if any . Just relax , trust us to pick your best !
2. Keep calm . Yes , I know you are pissed when your relatives come late for your tea ceremony. It doesn’t help to be angry and black faced. Take a rest, leave it to your coordinator. This is where good planning helps a lot on your big day. Delegate jobs to your helpers , brothers and sisters . Let them do the job . Nothing is more awkward than seeing the groom or bride angry and hurling profanities at such a joyous occasion . You were really busy planning for the day, now don’t be a busy-body, be good and enjoy the event.
3. Check your teeth ! Maybe it’s just me. As a perfectionist, I’m really observant to small things. Including small parts of your body. Be sure to go for dental cleaning about a month before your big day. It doesn’t have to be sparkly white, but stainless teeth are really attractive! On the day itself, make sure there is no lipstick mark or food stuck in your teeth. You gonna flash them the whole day. Of course if we spot any food stuck we would tell you. But if it’s a stain we can’t do much .
4. Sit straight . Remember how your mother used to tell you not to slouch? If she’s preparing you for anything, it would be this. Grooms that slouch look very unwilling. Unless you are trying to drop hints to your viewers, if not, sit straight, walk tall.
5. Be a gentleman. I know I said “capturing your most natural moments”. I really hope it is part of your nature to walk with your bride, carry the stuff if any, hold her and assist her. It’s really not easy to walk in 3inch heels and puffy gowns. As we are taking videos not photos , it is not a paused moment. It is about a flow of actions that portray you. It’s really captivating and heartwarming to see the couple’s togetherness.
6. Forget that we are there. The best moments in highlights are always unexpected. Many times they are captured without you knowing it and you would be surprised that we even film it down.
Hope you have benefitted from this article, share it with the soon to be brides and grooms and you could help them to look awesome in their wedding videos.
Posted in: News